How to clean your oven just like a professional cleaner? DIY oven cleaning.
We always ignore cleaning of the oven. There is no doubt that no one wants to be bothered with the oven cleaning after the food is done.
If you just simply close the oven door after cooking the terrible cumulative effect will make your oven full of grease and dirt after a few months of use.
It will be very difficult and time consuming to clean.
However, the rewards of a clean as new oven and the promise of delicious food make oven cleaning worth the effect.
Fortunately, the oven clean is not as terrible as we think.
This article will focus on these four issues to discuss the oven cleaning: Why is it important to clean the oven? How often should we clean the oven? How to clean the oven? And where to find a professional oven cleaning service in Auckland?
Therefore, in order to save your time and effort, just follow tips, you can give a deep clean for your oven from inside to outside, by you self like a pro.
Reasons for oven cleaning
Keeping the oven in a good clean condition is challenging for most people, even if we have chemicals to clean the oven.
Standard cleaning chemicals allow us to clean oven quickly. Unfortunately, these chemicals can be harmful.
However, keeping the oven clean is just a necessity, especially for families that rely heavily on cooking in the oven.
Therefore, based on facts above, you can see how important it is to keep oven clean.
So, let us analyse the specific reasons for oven cleaning.
High temperatures can cause fire hazards from dirty oven.
High temperature in the oven will burn grease and food pieces if the oven has not been cleaned for a long time.
In addition, baking food usually takes a long time, and sometimes we forget to keep an eye on oven and a dish can burn.
So, burning grease will slowly increase the risk of fire where the main body of most houses is made from wood.
Don’t forget that safety is the most important thing, so please clean the oven.
Ensure better performance of the oven
Oven cleaning will also help you to check and improve the condition and performance of oven.
Clean oven will help to avoid overloading operation due to the large amount of smoke produced by cooking food, thereby reducing the performance of the oven.
Cooking your food in a dirty oven will affect the taste of your food. For example, if you bake a cake in the oven where you just baked meat, you will get a cake that smells like meat.
I believe you will never let this happen to your food. Therefore, cleaning the oven will keep your food in its original flavour.
Oven cleaning protect human health
Cleaning the oven will effectively prevent the growth of bacteria and protect your health.
Oven door, handle, and even the inner wall of the oven, may breed bacteria. Even if the temperature is several hundred degrees, some stubborn bacteria may still survive.
So, clean the oven to prevent these bacteria.
How often should you clean your oven?
Signs that tell you that you have to clean oven ASAP. The oven needs to be cleaned when you can notice the following three things.
- First, observe the cleanliness of the physical appearance of the oven. Ask you self if there is any leftover on the bottom of your oven. Is the grease thick? Is there any yucky grease and dirt on the inner wall of the oven?
- The second sign that you should clean your oven is odour. Do you smell something bad from the oven before you turned your oven on?
- Third, listen to the sound of the oven’s smoke machine. The sound of the smoke machine in a clean oven supposed to be very quiet. Because a clean oven does not need to extract a lot of smoke when cooking food.
The frequency of the oven usage will also directly affect how often your oven need to be cleaned.
Under normal cooking condition, when the oven is turned on at least once a day, the oven needs to be cleaned every three months.
Of course, there are special cases, when your oven is rarely turned on, for example, if you turn on the oven once or twice a month.
Then the oven only needs to be cleaned once or twice a year.
Surely, you should not over-clean the oven, like every week. That will shorten the life of your oven.
Find your golden middle.
How to clean your oven? DIY oven cleaning
Professional cleaners clean oven differently under different conditions.
Chemical oven cleaning products purchased in stores.
These products are mainly used to clean stubborn stains in the oven walls. Chemicals are usually highly corrosive and have certain harm to the human body.
Therefore, use it with caution and read labels.
Easy oven cleaning with Soda, water, vinegar and spray bottle.
These things are mainly for the accumulation inside the oven. Mix soda and water in a ratio of 2 to 5, and spray the mixture evenly on the inner wall of the oven. Just let it stand for 10-12 hours, and you can easily remove the build-up. However, this method takes a long time.
Lemon and water.
Lemonade has a miraculous effect on the cleaning of slight grease and dirt in the oven.
Tools you may need to clean oven by yourself
Rubber cleaning gloves.
Insulate your skin from chemicals to prevent corrosion of your skin and fingers.
Protective safety glasses.
Protect your eyes from the cleanser.
Old newspapers or paper towels.
In case anything drips during cleaning.
Wipe with a damp cloth.
Use a cloth coated with detergent to wipe off the dirt.
Scrub pumice stone or microfiber sponge.
It is helpful if you have to deal with a lot of accumulation.
Large plastic garbage bags. Collect residue and dirt.
Natural cleaning method to clean your oven
In this article, I will only introduce two natural methods of soda, vinegar, and lemonade to clean the oven.
How to clean your oven with baking soda?
- Take out all items in the oven, such as shelves, pizza stones, thermometers, etc.
- Spread newspapers or paper towels on the floor under the oven.
- Mix 2 cups of baking soda with 5 cups of water. Adjust the ratio until you have a spreadable paste.
- Wearing gloves, use your fingers to apply the paste to the
inside of the oven, covering the back, sides, bottom, top, doors, corners and gaps.
If you have an electric oven, please do not apply paste on the heating element. If you have a gas oven, do not put the paste where the gas passes. Turn off the oven when finished.
- Let the paste sit for 10-12 hours or overnight.
- At the same time, place the shelf in the kitchen sink. Sprinkle baking soda on your shelf, then pour vinegar on top.
This combination will foam. When the foam stops, plug the sink or bathtub and run hot water until the rack is completely covered.
- Let the shelf stand for 10-12 hours or overnight.
- After 10-12 hours, put on gloves again and take a damp cloth, turn on the oven and wipe all surfaces.
If there are extra sticky spots, use a microfiber sponge or other abrasive tools to remove all dirt.
- If there is a large piece of paste that is not easy to fall off, put some vinegar in a spray bottle and spray on the large piece. Vinegar will react with baking soda and foam. Pick up the damp cloth again and wipe off any foam.
- Remove the rack from the water and scrub with a rag until all grease and dirt are gone.
- Dry the racks and put them back in the oven.
How to clean your oven with Lemon?
- Add water to a heat-resistant bowl. Cut two lemons in half and put them in a bowl.
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees.
- After preheating, place the mixing bowl on one of the shelves. Wait an hour.
- After an hour, turn off the oven, open the door, and let it cool slightly.
- When the oven is cool enough that you can safely touch the inside without being burned, wear gloves and wipe all surfaces with a damp cloth, including the back, sides, bottom, top, doors, corners and crevices.
If necessary, use a wet scrubbing pumice stone, microfiber sponge, or other abrasive tool to target any additional sticking points. Be sure to wipe thoroughly to remove all grease and dirt.
Professional oven cleaning service in Auckland
If you hate oven cleaning and you want to enjoy free time as well as having a clean oven, consider asking professional cleaners for help.
If your oven is used quite often and it is difficult to clean, then you need a professional oven deep cleaning service.
You can use professional service ones to get rid of hard dirt and grease and then just maintain clean oven by using tips above.
Life Maid Easy Cleaning Service is a professional household cleaning service established for 11 years. Our services include Ongoing Cleaning, One-Off Cleaning, Carpet Cleaning, Commercial Cleaning, Property Maintenance.
If you want to know more about our cleaning services, please call (09) 909 6560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, we will give you a free estimate.