Recipe Corner – Duck and Peach Salad
Recipe by Jessica Walsh
Duck and peach Salad
- Serves 4 as a light lunch or starter
- 2 large duck breasts
- Extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- 3 yellow peaches, thinly sliced
- ½ a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g watercress, large stems removed
- 100g ricotta, broken into pieces
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- Juice of one large lemon
- Roasted hazelnuts, skin removed and chopped finely
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pat skin of duck dry, place oil and duck skin side down in cold pan and turn to medium heat.
Cook for 12 minutes, or until fat is fully rendered.
Turn Duck breast over and cook flesh for 3-4 minutes
Place the duck on its side to cook for a further 2 minutes, remove from heat and allow to rest.
To make vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, mustard, lemon, salt and pepper.
Add chopped nuts.
Arrange salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Drizzle with vinaigrette to serve.